Wednesday 19 September 2012

Victoriana

After a few days away, I'm back home and putting the finishing touches to the shop. A few more measurements here and a few more postage prices there and the virtual doors will be well and truly open...finally! While I get myself sorted, I wanted to share a final sneak peek of another dress that I'll be selling. This one is a brilliant 1980s affair with a bold floral print, lace trim collar, bow detailing, pleated skirt and peplum waistline.







There's certainly a lot going on but I am very fond of this pretty dress with its fitted bodice and mid-calf length. I read that the fashion label - Scott McClintock dresses, founded by the American designer Jessica McClintock - looked to the Victorian and Edwardian periods for inspiration and this is apparent in the delicate lace and detailing of its design.


I think the dress would look lovely paired with short white gloves for an exaggerated Victoriana style or worn with some bright red 1930s/1940s heels. If my hips were a little smaller, I'd definitely squirrel this dress away for a special occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment