Wednesday 26 September 2012

1920s Cherries

Even though the shop is supposed to be emptying my wardrobe of jam-packed rails and bulging coathangers (and hoarder tendencies!), I did take in a waif and stray a few days ago: this little cherry jacket.

 
 
 


I found it while rummaging in a nearby secondhand shop and couldn't believe how low the price was (I cannot justify much clothes-buying at the moment!). It was an even nicer find when you consider that the jacket dates from the 1920s and it is in such good condition. I love the velour / velveteen fabric with its cheery red and blue graphics.



The same shop had a beautiful dress with printed swallows around the collar, which I think would be perfect for the shoppe. Fingers crossed it's still there when I next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment