Saturday 17 December 2016

Vintage cocktails + a mid-century home bar collection

1950s atomic shot glasses set

It has been a while since I've listed anything in the homewares section of the shop but I just couldn't resist adding these super sweet mid-century drinkware sets... Bought together, they make a pretty cool instant home bar collection!

1950s gold grapevine tumblers
 I love the gold frosted grapevine tumblers and quirky atomic shot glasses... but the star of the show has to be the cocktail recipe coasters!

Mid-century cocktail recipe coasters
 As always, you can click on the captions to shop the collection on Etsy. And, in case you're itching to re-create some mid-century mixed drinks, I wanted to share the full recipes with you here on the blog:

Brandy Toddy
1 and a 1/2 oz brandy
1 teaspoonful granulated sugar
hot water to taste
nutmeg

Rob Roy (Scotch Manhattan)
2/3 Scotch
1/3 vermouth
3 dashes of angostura

Singapore Sling
1-oz dry gin
3/4" cherry brandy
1/2" dash lemon juice
3 dashes of angostura
teaspoonful of granulated sugar

White Lady
2/3 dry gin
1/3 cointreau
lemon juice

Tom Collins
dry gin
juice of half a lemon
soda water and ice
powdered sugar

Dry Martini
2/3 dry gin
1/3 dry vermouth
twist of lemon peel

I'm definitely intrigued by the Rob Roy! Manhattans have to be my all-time favourite mid-century cocktail... I like mine served with a cherry and plenty of orange peel. If you give any of these mixes a try, be sure to let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment